Friday, March 11, 2011

1st Come love, Then Comes Marriage, Then comes baby in the baby carriage

I was approached by my mother for some help. She and 2 of her church friends were throwing a shower for their friend's daughters... and she needed my help. The shower was for 3 sisters, 2 of which were pregnant and 1 of which was getting married. My job was to basically make a way that each girl felt honored and special, but to also make the shower cohesive. Once I figured all that out, I had to make the invitations and decorations.

Let me just say I was honored to be able to help my mom and her friends. Her friends are so kind and I've known then all since I was a baby. So, when my mom asked, I gladly accepted.

However, I had no idea how I was going to go about planning the shower when I couldn't even figure out how to get baby and marriage to mesh. I was sitting by my computer, looking at my past events, and all of a sudden it clicked. You know that old kissing song from kindergarten, "Suzie and Bobbie sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. 1st Comes Love, Then Comes Marriage, Then Comes Baby in a Baby Carriage." Perfect. The invites and decor played up this theme with hearts, diamond rings, and baby carriages, all in white and silver. I had a lot of fun making the decorations (although, there was a lot of paper scrunching and gluing): there were hanging mobiles, white topiaries, lots of scattered gems and rings, and white flowers.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend the actual shower, but I heard it was a lot of fun. Yay. Congrats Lindesy, Kimberly and Stephanie!